Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 2000 00:35:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD belly up with big config

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000, Doug White wrote:

> Send patches to rewrite the interface list to use some other data
> structure.
>
> Doug White                    |  FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
> dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org

If my memory serves me right, someone who was working with doing squid
benchmarks had such patches.  Searching through the archive for -net for
squid and/or freebsd 3.2 should find the message - he linked to a page
with performance tuning tips.  I'm not sure if there was much merit to
most of the suggestions, but one of them was definitely related to the
number of interfaces.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack