Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:08:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jin Guojun (DSD staff) <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        bartequi@inwind.it, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPS & related software

> I had been searching the archives and I was wondering which UPS & UPS
> software     suited my bloat^H^H^H^Hworkstation best.
>
> I seem to understand that APC is a possibility, and it should work with
> the upsd demon (found in the ports collection). I am looking for a 400
> (up to 600) VA UPS.

This is my experience:
	APC PRO-500 : rated 350W
	During CA blackout, it failed to drive 180W (1 CPU and 1 Monitor
	.6~.8 + .7 = max 1.5A (120V)
	(bought 20s: pretty much similar tested after our power blackout)
	I am not sure how is their 220V UPS.

We switched to bestpower Patriot Pro-II which does what it says in its
spec.