Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:46:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner)
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vat problem with highlight color...

> Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it> wrote:
> >i tried this quickly but vat dumps core if i remove the tk_setPalette
> >call and the following loop on setting options (this is quite odd,
> >i have to say...)
>
> Yeah, I'll say.  I was quite surprised too.

ok. apparently in tkwidget.cc TkWidget::getcolor() fails if the first
arg is NULL. I think it's Tk_GetColor() which dies when the third arg
is null, so that could be a Tk 8.0 bug...

> >Plus i really don't understand where the highlightColor value is
> >inherited from.
>
> tk_setPallete sets tkPallete(highlightColor), then the loop sets
> the option.  Presumably, highlightColor is new in tk 8.0 .

right... but i have no idea how to override this. Since the bug is
annoying, it would be probably a wise thing in the meantime (i.e. for
2.2.6) to force sitebox.cc (line 219) to use the default color,
i.e.

-	    ac_ = sitebox_.getcolor(tcl.attr("highlightColor"), "white");
+	    ac_ = sitebox_.getcolor("white", "white");

> I committed Van's fix for this as a patch to the port (along with
> memory leak patches and the getsockopt() patch that I had sent you
> before).

yes i saw. I am coming soon with a fixed audio module. you did not
answer yet if you have a machine with the old voxware driver to test
the new audio module...

	luigi