Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 01:00:18 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMTP and XREMOTEQUEUE

Ceri Davies wrote:
> > In any case, XREMOTEQUEUE is not documented, and is a proprietary
> > extension for the Post.Office folks.  You can reverse engineer it
> > fairly easily by setting up two Post.Office machines to use it,
> > and then monitoring the conversation between them.  But I really
> > do not recommend it, given it's non-standard nature.
>
> If it's Post.Office only then I'm not really bothered, as I'm leaving this
> job at the end of next week and my new employers don't use it - it was just
> one of those annoying "What they hey *is* that?" questions that get me all
> worked up.
>
> Thanks for the explanation (interesting thing is that I've just checked the
> Post.Office docs and there's nothing in there about it either - ah well).

That's what "not documented" means.  ;^).

If you look at their marketing literature, you will be able to
infer it (now that you know what it's for) by looking at the
second "dial on demand", transiently connected customer network
configuration model.

Specifically, it's implied by one of the checkboxes and the
ability to schedule periodic polling of the remote MX's for
new email, for a mai server on the other end of a dial-on-demand
link (e.g. ISDN, in their example).

-- Terry