Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 04:25:49 -0800
From:      "Lee Mark Mercado" <mercadolee@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   error after getting the lastest ports

after cvsup with the latest ports - im getting this error :

===>  **PORT** : Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. You need a
fresh make world or an upgrade kit. Please go to
http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror site and follow the instructions.

im running 4.5-stable branch and im not sure what went wrong :(

** i tried to cvsup with the latest src tree which was 5.0 but while making
the buildworld i encountered an error, so i stopped from there. did this
affect my system ? making my ports saying that i have an old system ? **

i will appreciate any help. thx