Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:30:05 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache13+static modperl+modssl?

Howdy folks,

[bringing this over from the questions@ list]

How does one get Apache compiled with both a statically compiled modperl
(required for www/bricolage) as well as modssl?

I see a www/apache13-modssl and a www/apache13-modperl, but spelunking
through the Makefiles for either doesn't reveal a knob that enables the
"other" option.

I currently have www/apache13-modssl and www/mod_perl installed which
results in `/usr/local/sbin/httpd -l` showing:

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/sbin/suexec

www/bricolage wants a compiled-in mod_perl and I want mod_ssl. It looks
like conflicting desires if I want to stick to non-modified ports. I'm
hoping that there's a knob somewhere that I'm missing :-)

-T

--
Answers are a perilous grip on the universe.  They can appear sensible yet
explain nothing.