Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 14:40:21 +-100
From:      Craig Stratton <craigs@brandcomms.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mail & popper

We have a recurring annoyance with our server regarding mail.
All of our workstations are W95 using exchange with internet mail.
Sometimes when the workstation logs on to collect mail the logging on takes up to 5 minutes and other times just seconds.
The server is not under any heavy load. The delays are completely at random and not restricted to any particular workstation.
I don't know whether it co-incides with sendmail receiving mail from outside, although i don't think so.
The server spec is P100 32MB.
Any ideas please ?
Regards, Craig.