Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:47:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   What's up with telnet?

I admit I haven't been able to read every -current and -commit message,
but a search of the mail archives doesn't yield anything either...

What's going on with telnet?  Trying to telnet to localhost or `hostname`
yields:

  bash-2.02$ telnet localhost
  Trying ::1...
  Connected to localhost.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  Trying SRA secure login:
  User (deischen):

OK, fine, if I enter my userid and password I get in.  But if I want
to break out of it using CTRL ] quit, that doesn't work.  Neither does
CTRL-C.

I can however break out of telnet to other boxen.  I haven't tried
telnet to another recent -current box.

--
Dan Eischen