Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 14:21:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Maybe a showstopper, maybe not.

> As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > I'd very much like to know if others can reproduce this - my only test
> > environment for NFS here involves other FreeBSD boxes, and they appear
> > to work just fine with NFS.  If we've broken interoperability with
> > everything else, however, then you're definitely right about this
> > being a show-stopper - I wouldn't want to roll 2.2-RELEASE with a bug
> > of that magnitude in NFS.

I think to remember a relatively old message (sept.96 perhaps) from
Karl complaining about networking problems (not sure if they were
NFS-related) that disappeared when compiling the kernel with an older
gcc (2.6.2 or 2.6.3 I don't remember).

Maybe the compiler has some responsibility also for these NFS
problems ? That could be easy to check, if someone has a way to
reproduce the problem.

	Luigi