Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 15:36:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd9660 w/ Joliet extensions

> > This is probably a bit premature, but is anyone working on support for
> > Microsoft's Joliet cd9660 extensions?
>
> I would prefer mickeysoft using RR. :-]

If you have the MSDN level II or better ddk, you have the Joliet
spen in your "DDK\DOCS" directory.

The Joliet spec. supports, among other things, Unicode file names
for long file names.

In this respect, it is vastly superior to RR.

It is also upwardly compatible with RR, so it will interoperate,
though it does handle multisession rather well compared to the
non-Joliet formats, including automatic identification of data
sessions, etc. ...something FreeBSD currently has problems with.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.