Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:24:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alex Boisvert <boia01@gel.usherb.ca>
To:        Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.1.5:  Ready, set, go!

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> I'm not sure if this would overlap with Archie's offer, but I'm willing to
> host a CVS repository for the patches so that they may be jointly
> maintained by a group of folks.  This would be on the same box and using
> the same resources as the Apache developers, and I'd be fine with giving
> out a half dozen logins for those maintainers.

Do you have experience sharing patches with CVS?  Right now, I have a "big
patch file" which is a recursive rundown of all directories included in
the distribution.  If we setup a CVS repository, we'll need to maintain a
separate file for each modified file in the hierarchy.  Is this
appropriate?

How does the Apache developers work?  Do they have scripts to
upload/download/maintain the patches?  Since you seem familiar with this,
can you setup an environment for the ports?  I'll send you my preferred
login attributes now and others can do the same...

Thank you,
Alex.