Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:51:31 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Andrew P Kaszubski Jnr <apk@dimpex.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: re Time incorrect.

On Monday, 11 January 1999 at 17:42:35 +1100, Andrew P Kaszubski Jnr wrote:
> I am having a problem with a FreeBSD2.2.2 server which is reporting the time
> of emails 10 hours ahead of what it is supposed to be.

That's interesting.  I would have expected 11 hours.

> It appears to only be a pop3 date problem since when the email is
> opened the time is correct.

Can you send me the complete headers of a message?  As somebody else
observed, POP doesn't change much.  On the other hand, it's very
common to see incorrect times and time zones from Microsoft machines.

> I presume this has something to do with the time zone since the time
> on the server is correct.

It's a pity you used Microsoft to send this message, since otherwise I
could check that.

> We are located in Melbourne Australia. Which timezone are we supposed to be
> using,

+1100 (AEST)

> what files should I be modifying?

 # cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/Australia/Melbourne /etc/localtime

Greg