Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 20:05:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Cyberlogic Pimp <magadass@erols.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Screen Shots?

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Cyberlogic Pimp wrote:

> Where are the screen shots? Isnt the interface one of the most important
> aspects of the OS and you have no examples that I can find at least... If
> you could post some that would really be nice thanx..!

Interface is a very important aspect of any OS.

Here is a screen shot of my router/firewall:

--CUT HERE
~ % telnet router
Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...
Connected to router.reserved.
Escape character is '^]'.

FreeBSD/i386 (router.reserved) (ttyp4)

login: bright
Password:
Last login: Tue May 18 19:53:19 from thumper
Copyright (c) 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT (router) #0: Fri May 14 22:24:15 PDT 1999

Welcome to FreeBSD!

If the doc distribution has been loaded on this machine, the FreeBSD
Handbook will be in file:/usr/share/doc/handbook and the FAQ in
file:/usr/share/doc/FAQ

Type /stand/sysinstall to re-enter the installation and configuration utility.

You have mail.
.(19:28:28)(bright@router.reserved)
~ %

--END

However, a spiffy GUI front end just serves to get in
the way most of the time.

If you want an X screen shot, try this out:

http://big.endian.org/~bright/screen.gif

nothing glamerous, but it gets the job done.

note that i'm using a theme from www.themes.org
for windowmaker.  most of  the GUI stuff that you
see for linux is available for freebsd.

-Alfred