Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 10:30:17 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay), acid@cn.ua (Michael Vasilenko), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI-CardBus bridge + PCMCIA Lucent WaveLAN IEEE troubles

> In message <200004142003.WAA78728@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za> John Hay writes:
> : This is where I'm stuck too. I think there might be some more initialization
> : of the TI1225 necesary.
>
> I've added some init of the ti chipsets to -current.  They are enough
> for my TI-1221 based card to allow me to talk to the modems that I
> have.

Yes, that is the code I'm running. From looking at the wi driver I think
our problem is even before a (non) working interrupt would come into the
picture. It looks like the driver give a command to the card to allocate
a transmit buffer and then it does a poll loop reading the status of the
card and it is there that it timeout. Doing some manual inb()s at the
port addresses of the wi card, it looks like the card is there, ie. I
don't read 0xffs back, but for some reason the card does not react in
the way that the driver expects.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za