Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:33:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ldconfig finding libraries, but ld is not.

Greg Shenaut writes:
;->After pouting for several months (which gave me a paintful cramp
;->in the jaw), I spent a couple of days moving what I considered
;->"local" (mostly stuff I've written or glommed over the years) into
;->a separate file hierarchy with a root name based on the name of
;->our lab, and now I don't have to worry about it (and my jaw feels
;->much better too).

Yeah, I did that. /usr/local is on /usr, and /home has stuff that's
local on it. It's just a minor annoyance (as opposed to, say, Windows
UI behavior, which is a major annoyance). If some other problem with
part of the distribution being in /usr/local shows up shortly after
I've had to deal with it, I complain.

	<mike