Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 02:25:03 EST
From:      Jwhtencate@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mail loops back to me

--part1_39.1e2133e9.2930a54f_boundary

Hi,

I have a common problem that I do find back in several FAQ'sbut I don't seem=
=20
to be able to find the solution.

=A0=A0 ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
someone@vwhatever.com
=A0 =A0 (reason: system config error)

=A0=A0 ----- Transcript of session follows -----
553 5.3.5 whatever.com.mydomainname.com. config error: mail loops back to me=
=20
(MX problem?)
554 5.3.5 Someone@whatever.com... Local configuration error

I see so many FAQs about this subject but no answer is understandable enough=
=20
for me to find the solution.
I never see mentioned that my domain name is actually added to the address o=
f=20
the person i want to send an email to.
The strange thing is: =A0it does not always go wrong !!!
If I send an email to any AOL address or hotmail address, it all works fine=20
and people do get the email but every other one (in general overseas) comes=20
back in the way I described.=20

Anyone one any idea ?

Jwhtencate@aol.com

--part1_39.1e2133e9.2930a54f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>Hi,
<BR>
<BR>I have a common problem that I do find back in several FAQ'sbut I don't=20=
seem to be able to find the solution.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>=A0=A0 ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<BR>someone@vwhatever.com
<BR>=A0 =A0 (reason: system config error)
<BR>
<BR>=A0=A0 ----- Transcript of session follows -----
<BR>553 5.3.5 <B>whatever.com.mydomainname.com</B>. config error: mail loops=
 back to me (MX problem?)
<BR>554 5.3.5 Someone@whatever.com... Local configuration error
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>I see so many FAQs about this subject but no answer is understandable en=
ough for me to find the solution.
<BR>I never see mentioned that my domain name is actually added to the addre=
ss of the person i want to send an email to.
<BR>The strange thing is: =A0it does not always go wrong !!!
<BR>If I send an email to any AOL address or hotmail address, it all works f=
ine and people do get the email but every other one (in general overseas) co=
mes back in the way I described.=20
<BR>
<BR>Anyone one any idea ?
<BR>