Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 12:38:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Christopher Shumway <cshumway@cdrom.com>
To:        Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@wyvern.cc.kogakuin.ac.jp>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Neomagic audio driver

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Takahashi Yoshihiro wrote:

> > I'm having an interesting problem with the neomagic audio driver ever since
> > building world and kernel from current sources checked out late this
> > morning PDT.  Sending any data to the audio device (e.g. cat /kernel >
> > /dev/audio) results in the following pannic:
>
> The following change probably fixes this problem.

Well, that did fix the crash, but now absolutly no sound comes out of the
device.  It appears to attach ok (/dev/sndstat reports the driver), but
with the mixer volume set at 100:100 no sound is produced.  Anything
writing to the audio device is in a state of [pcmwr], so it appears to be
getting data.