Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2013 19:03:10 +0400
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Laura Marie Feeney <lmfeeney@sics.se>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: suspend/resume on Lenovo X1 (regression from reports on wiki)

  Laura,

  according to your Xorg.log PCI device ID of your video card exactly
matches mine 8086:0166:17aa:21f9, so it should work.

  It looks like versions of Xorg and Xorg Intel driver installed from
packages are too old, and this is the biggest difference between your
setup and mine. You are running Xorg 1.7.7.

  This is what I run:

glebius@think:~:|>pkg info xorg-server xf86-video-intel
xorg-server-1.12.4,1
xf86-video-intel-2.21.9

  To get these packages you need to update your ports tree, put
these lines into /etc/make.conf:

WITH_NEW_XORG=yes
WITH_KMS=yes

  , and reinstall xorg-server and xf86-video-intel from ports. You'd
probably need to rebuild all xorg drivers like mouse and keyboard,
to make them compatible with new server version.

  If this isn't enough I can send my xorg.conf and kernel config. But
I hope default configs should be fine.

  Now bad news :) Last major Xorg update in ports, which happened couple
of months ago, introduced a regression: xorg performs very slowly after
resume. If the server process is restarted, then a new one performs okay.
So this looks like xorg issue, not FreeBSD kernel problem.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 02:48:04PM +0200, Laura Marie Feeney wrote:
L> Thanks!  I think that X1 and Carbon are different names, as Lenovo seems
L> to use them quite interchangably (perhaps for different countries?).
L> This isn't an X1 Touch, which surely has non-trivial differences for the
L> touchscreen.

X1 and X1 Carbon are really different, I owned both. Yep, both work with
FreeBSD.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.