Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 1996 14:43:19 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        as@advasoft.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, jkh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Linux binary Version of asWedit 2.5 fails to run on FreeBSD-current

Hi !

Well, I tried to download an evaluation version of asWedit,
a HTML Editor, that is available for different platforms,
even Linux and SCO, but it fails to run on FreeBSD-current.

I compiled the kernel with the options COMPAT_LINUX and am able
to run for example the Linux Netscape version without trouble.

The message that I get in the console is:
Jun  9 14:36:32 klemm /kernel: pid 521 (asWedit), uid 1000:
exited on signal 11

and in the shell window

Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Speicherschutzverletzung (core dumped)

Changing the locale doesn't help. Would be nice if they could
offer BSDI or even a FreeBSD version of the program.

If you are interested in further informations about asWedit:

http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/www/asWedit/

To bad, looked like a smart program, that is free for private
use and students... A commercial Version is available, too ...

Could someone perhaps try convince the company, to offer
FreeBSD or BSDI binaries, to get a chance, to look , what it
can do ?

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner