Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 17:05:45 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Vladislav Konecny <oryon@w3design.sk>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>, Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Continuing ahc problems - also cause fxp failure

>Hello all,
>
>bad news.. Matt is not the only one who had problem with fxp device.
>Yesterday I have in dmesg and messages lines like this:
>
>May 22 16:30:24 db /kernel: fxp0: SCB timeout

   You didn't mention which motherboard you were using. There are known
problems with certain motherboards/NICs, specifically the Intel D815EEAL
and the 82562 NIC. The problem that was described that involves both
the ahc and fxp devices sounds very different than the problem that you're
having, even though some of the symptoms sound similar.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.