Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:37:36 -0500
From:      Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Input on "most correct" way to set IS_INTERACTIVE for Postfix ports

On Feb 7, 2012, at 9:44 AM, rflynn@acsalaska.net wrote:

>> mail/postfix and its derivatives are interactive when ALL of the
>> following conditions are true:
>>=20
>> - PACKAGE_BUILDING is undefined
>> - /etc/mail/mailer.conf exists
>> - /etc/mail/mailer.conf contains a line beginning with 'purgestat'
>   - POSTFIX_DEFAULT_MTA is unset

Right, but regardless of whether this is set, or what it is set to, the scri=
pt still asks a question unless other conditions are met, and only the defau=
lt answer (that is displayed along with the query) is affected.  Are you sug=
gesting that we change the behavior to not ask the question at all, and just=
 leave mailer.conf alone if the latter variable above is unset, and always c=
hange mailer.conf if it is set?  I just want to make sure I understand your s=
uggestion.

Thanks for your input.=