Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:40:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: bin/10019: Bug in keyinfo and keyinit]

The following reply was made to PR bin/10019; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: Anto Prijosoesilo <antop@netscape.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 03:30:08 -0500

 Anto Prijosoesilo wrote in message ID
 <199902120340.TAA27060@freefall.freebsd.org>:
 >  In my case, I need to allow several people to access a role account and I
 >  don't want them to share the same password.

 Give them individual accounts, and use a modified sudo (as found in ports) to
 let them use their own passwords to get to the role account. We use it here to
 allow operations staff limited access to some sysetms for monitoring and
 debugging purposes, while letting system staff have full access.

 Some people hate sudo, so in all fairness I'll also mention runas, and the
 fact that it probably wouldn't be too difficult to hack up your own program to
 do this if you wanted.

 Gary