Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 02:06:17 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, "Jim Shankland" <jas@flyingfox.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, <tomthai@future.net>
Subject:   Re: ISDN

From: Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.com>
>> > 2. If I had the same setup as #1, and a user want to do 128K (both B
>> > channels), do I have to setup anything special on the RAS?  Or can I
>>
>> You can't do 128K, but you can do 115.2K.
>
>But note that 115.2Kb/s async is 11.52 Kilobytes/second, since it's 10
>async bits per byte.  That's really only about 1.5 B channels' worth
>of throughput.

Following the conversation, I take it an external ISDN TA is being used.
If so, install a serial port with a faster UART.  I believe it's 16650 or
16750 that's cabable of over 400k/s.  I would suggest a vendor, but I
honestly don't remember where my boss got his.  (datacom comes to mind, but
don't quote me on it :)

This is assuming of course that FreeBSD won't have a problem with faster
serial cards.

Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services
http://www.i-Plus.net