Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:22:30 +0000
From:      ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: For review: Revised sendmail startup settings

Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:

> keramida> I am not sure if duplicating the code of etc/rc in
> keramida> etc/mail/Makefile is something I am really happy about though.
> keramida> This means that anyone who wants to make changes to etc/rc should
> keramida> remember to update etc/mail/Makefile too.
>
> Yes, I really hope the /etc/rc.d work in -CURRENT picks up again so
> /etc/mail/Makefile can just call that.  Alternatively, I could just
> go ahead and create /etc/rc.sendmail but I might get some flack for doing
> that.

If it would let you delay sendmail startup until the
milter daemons kick in, I'd vote for it.

AFAICT you're on you own if you need to do this
at present.

From our unsubtle hint department:
Now it's in the base system I'm seriously
considering hacking /etc/rc to accept
sendmail_enable="DELAY"

BTW I just upgraded (was using 12.2 port). I included
the milter patch and SASL. No problems so far. Three
cheers for GNS...

--
ian j hart