Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:21:07 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Don Lewis <dl-freebsd@catspoiler.org>
Cc:        jhb@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggested fixes for uidinfo "would sleep" messages

re execve() issues...

* Don Lewis <dl-freebsd@catspoiler.org> [020619 01:10] wrote:
> On 18 Jun, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > Thanks a ton for taking care of it, your patch is actually cleaner
> > than what I had started on, I'll be committing it shortly.
>
> While you're working in this area, take a look at execve().  If the
> fdcheckstd() test fails, we leak ucred and uidinfo structures, and also
> leave the proc locked.  The fix is pretty straightforward.

I'm a bit confused actually, it looks like just unlocking the proc
and then moving the 'exec_fail_dealloc' label higher would fix it,
except I'm not sure about the:

        /*
         * Handle deferred decrement of ref counts.
         */
        if (textvp != NULL)
                vrele(textvp);
#ifdef KTRACE
        if (tracevp != NULL)
                vrele(tracevp);
#endif
        pargs_drop(oldargs);

part... should that be before or after exec_fail_dealloc?

Any ideas?

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Tax deductible donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/