Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:01:36 -0500
From:      "Craig Reyenga" <creyenga@connectmail.carleton.ca>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: playing mp3s and burning a cd

Fact is, there is no CD/DVD-ROM in existence that should be capable of
making anything above 900MHz skip audio when running at full stink. My AMD
AthlonXP 1600+ cpu can burn a CD at 40X from the network, while playing
Wolfenstein at 1024x768 in WinXP. The fact that FreeBSD can't even burn at
4-6X while running measly XMMS is totally unnacceptable and should be looked
at. I would do it myself, but I'm only at the very beginnings of being able
to program in C.

-Craig

From: "Julian St." <der_julian@web.de>