Date:      Tue, 20 May 2008 06:16:55 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Jonathan McKeown <jonathan@hst.org.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Now what would you expect this to print out?

On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:40:46 +0200, Jonathan McKeown <jonathan@hst.org.za> wrote:
> I forget where I saw this quote first, but the last five words always
> make me think of the find command:
>
>     Real Programmers consider "what you see is what you get" to be just as
>     bad a concept in Text Editors as it is in women. No, the Real Programmer
>     wants a "you asked for it, you got it" text editor - complicated, cryptic,
>     powerful, unforgiving, dangerous.

The page at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/real.programmers.html suggests
that this quote is from ``A letter to the editor of Datamation, volume
29 number 7, July 1983.''  The author of that page writes ``I've long
ago lost my dog-eared photocopy, but I believe this was written (and is
copyright) by Ed Post, Tektronix, Wilsonville OR USA,'' so it may be a
bit tricky to verify the claim.