Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 19:02:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openoffice-2.0 build problem (dies with epm error)

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 at 01:29 -0400, Stuart Barkley wrote:

> I have been having problems building editors/openoffice.org-2.0 for a
> while now.  Like a few others at the end of the build process (around
> 10 hours) it will die with the following error:

> ERROR: ERROR: "epm -f bsd openoffice.org-sdk /d04/data/freebsd-stable-6/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0/work/OOB680_m5/instsetoo_native/unxfbsd.pro/OpenOffice_SDK/bsd/listfile/en-US/epm_OpenOffice_SDK_gid_Module_Root_unxfbsd_OOB680__en-US.lst -v  2>&1 |"!
> in function: call_epm

Marcin Cieslak <saper@SYSTEM.PL> made a suggestion about the path
length which caused me to revisit the problem.

The openoffice build now works after moving my ports build directory
from /d04/data/freebsd-stable-6/ports to /d04/ports and adjusting my
/usr/ports link.

It appears that there is some path length limitation in the openoffice
build probably in epm.  I haven't looked into this any further.

Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone