Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:01:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Greg Johnson <gregfjohnson@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: IBM Home and Away PCMCIA card?

On 04-Jan-99 Greg Johnson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6 on a COMPAQ Armada 1125 laptop, and have
> an IBM Home and Away ethernet + modem PCMCIA card.  Has anyone gotten the
> Ethernet part of this card to work?  If so, what settings do you have in your
> pccard.conf file?
>
>   Did you have to do anything weird to the card itself to get this to
> work?  (reconfigure the card for different IRQ's, I/O ports, memory, etc.)?

I had one of these for a while, and sent it back.  It just got to be too much,
and a separate ethernet card worked better for me.

We do not have support for combo cards, IIRC.  I believe I got the modem part
to work, but not the ethernet card.

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9