Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2014 17:43:50 +0100
From:      "A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven" <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How do I recover from misc/gnomehier removal??

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

Bob Willcox wrote:

> With the removal/deletion of the misc/gnomehier from ports a bunch of my
> ports now won't update (via portupgrade). How do I recover from this
> without removing and reinstalling the 41 ports that I have installed
> that were dependent on it?

I use portmaster rather than portupgrade so I don't know how much help
this is, but all I had to do was remove misc/gnomehier and rebuild what-
ever needed to be rebuilt (in my case doing "portmaster -a" and I seem to
remember that not a whole lot of ports actually needed rebuilding).

Hope this helps,

AvW

--=20
Imbibo, ergo sum.