Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:44:56 +0100
From:      deeptech71@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what can i do with a 486?

David King wrote:
> Can you see the hard drive if you boot from a floppy?
 >
 > Is the hard drive in the boot path in the BIOS? Are you using a 40-pin
 > cable for an EIDE drive? It sounds like you can't see the drive at all

Can't boot FreeBSD from a floppy. That is, it boots, but gives an error. Other
image floppies, like a DBAN image, work fine. I can definitely see the HDD,
when I found the machine, the HDD had a bootable, working Windows 3.1 on it.
Still haven't been able to get access to the comp's BIOS settings, so ..
dunno. WTF is an EIDE drive? The cables are the same on the 486 and the new
machine (::::::::::.::::::::: or something like that), and both comps
recognize the drive correctly.