Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:39:28 -0500
From:      Ricky Morse <rem14@cornell.edu>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question about ports...

Hi!  I have a question about the ports.  I've got a computer which is
only going to be used as a backup server.  As such, I decided not to
install X on it.  So, I went into the ports collection and deleted all
the ports pertaining to X -- less stuff to keep on the disk.  When I run
portsdb -uU after cvsup'ing it, I got a _lot_ of errors -- because the X
stuff isn't there, a lot of ports have the "dependency list incomplete".
 Although I don't think this is a problem, it is a little worrysome --
especially as if there were a real problem, I wouldn't be able to find it
amidst all the noise.  Is there some way to get rid of these without
installing the x11* ports stuff?

Also, please _don't_ reply to this address -- I'm subscribe to the list
via a different one (work) and I'm having to use my home address right now...

Thanks,
Ricky

-----
Pukku