Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:04:57 -0400
From:      Bob Ababurko <ababurko@adelphia.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   not booting from Netraid card on install

Hello-

I posted a similar message to the freebsd-questions list but wanted to
also make sure some of the SCSI people saw this in hopes that someone
will catch my error or problem.

I am setting up a machine with a 3 channel NetRAID D4943 card and a
Biostar M7VIG 400.  I have the card set up one one channel with four WD
9.15GB 10k U2 LVD SCSI  drives in raid 5 and have been able to install
the OS.  The drive capacity is correctly shown as is the amr
drive/partitions when I booted the machine off the install floppies to
install the OS(FreeBSD5.4).  Install seems to go fine and have no
problem....the leds on the raid 5 array light up when data was being
downloaded from Internet.  When I try to reboot/boot the box, it hits
the floppy drive and then just hangs(just as specified in the BIOS).  If
I change the BIOS to not include the scsi bus, then it says that there
is not system disk.  There are no messages or errors on the screen.

Does anyone have any advice for this problem?

Thanks,
Bob