Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 1998 15:17:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
Subject:   Re: One more: emulators/xzx

On 02-Apr-98 Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Bruce Albrecht wrote:
>
>> Maybe so, Jordan, but as someone who is regularly recognized as a
>> spokesman for the FreeBSD core team, I consider it less than
>> professional for you to use profanity when other phrases will do,
>
> Context is everything.  I'd like to think we're better than a
> bunch of four-year-old Linux-ites who think it's soo cool to use
> profanity.  That said, there are times when profanity is, well,
> proper.  :)

Since I am the one towards whom this word was directed, I have something to
say:

Please, leave Jordan alone.  It is against my principles to use foul
language, but jordan did NOT offend me.  I made the comment I made in good
spirit, and Jordan knows it.  Compared to some others on this list, he is
mild mannered and polite.

I think the message is loud and clear, we know what we want to do, and how
to say it.

Let's talk about something else:  Which packages do I use to make use of HP
Photo Smart Photo Scanner and ALPS MD-1300 printer?

Simon