Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:40:29 -0400
From:      Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DHCP and 4.1-RELEASE

I'm installing 4.1-RELEASE and ran into something with DHCP I do not
understand.
When I code 'ep0="DHCP"' in the rc.conf file under 4.0-RELEASE the
interface gets a dhcp assigned address.  When I do this under
4.1-RELEASE, then do an ifconfig -a after boot, the address is 0.0.0.0.
FWIW, the man page exists for dhclient

The other part of my mystery is the DHCP server.  I have not been able
to locate the DHCP package (under any name I can think of.)  WIDE-DHCP
is there but not the ISC-DHCP flavor.

The errata file was no help.
Any ideas?
Cheers...