Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:54:54 +0100
From:      mouss <usebsd@free.fr>
To:        diman <diman@asd-g.com>
Cc:        diwil@eis.ru, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: warning in free():

At 18:37 22/02/01 +0200, diman wrote:

>Open AF_UNIX socket to syslogd and then use err_set_file()
>to redirect all err/warn messages to syslogd instead of
>stdin/stdout. That should help you debug daemons.

I agree, but one of the nice things about syslog interface is that it hides
all the socket/device stuff. so getting back to the socket api is
somewhat unsatisfactory.

Also, I think having this directly in err() and warn() and friends would be
more elegant. and this doesn't seem hard to do. something like using
a function pointer to use fprintf or syslog, and an additionnal void* to use
either err_file or syslog priority.

Does this sound ok or is it an unuseful complication of code?

cheers,
mouss