Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 1997 12:13:08 -0300 (ADT)
From:      026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca (Michael Richards)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD or Linux

Hi!
I have a laptop (ThinkPad 365XD) that is preloaded with Win'95 and Linux.
Here are some problems:
X does not work in 800X600 with the ThinkPad Cyber9320 graphics. The screen
goes white when you try to change to text mode.

Network support doesn't work. Our network uses DHCP and that is not
supported, so those who created the template just left network support out.
I don't know how to get DHCP going, or even tell what implementation is used
here. AARRRGGGHH!

What are the chances that I can upgrade to freeBSD without too many
problems? All I really want is a unix laptop system that works with our DHCP
implementation and 800x600 graphics.

I looked through all of the netscape site and I did not see anthing on
freebsd Netscape. Is there really any good reason to abandon Linux for
FreeBSD?

I like Ext2 and I think UFS is kinda old and clunky. What makes BSD any
better than linux besides security issues?

Any ideas?
thanks
-Mike