Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:40:41 -0400
From:      "Goeringer, Michael" <goeringerm@keywest.ird.rl.af.mil>
To:        "'Mike Sperber'" <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Driver allocation problem with PCCARD 3COM Etherlink III 3C589

I have a 3Com card and the problem I had on was finding a free IRQ.
 Don't let the driver "find one" on it's own.  I set my printer to
"polled" mode in the kernel and then set the 3Com card to IRQ 7 in the
pccard.conf file.  ..zp0 is no longer used.  The next thing to look for
is what slot is the card in? 0 or 1?   In the pccard.conf file there
are two insert references... be sure you are using the right one.  If
your not sure boot up with only one card in... the system will tell you
which slot it found a card in (just incase your system doesn't label
them as 0 and 1).  Let me know how it goes...

BTW...since you recompiled with the ep0 driver make sure your in the
"0" slot... if not change slots(easier) or switch drivers to the ep1.

Michael G.