Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:50:42 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        PETERS@staidan.qld.edu.au (PETER STUBBS)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting started with X programming

PETER STUBBS stands accused of saying:

> I wonder if anyone can recommend a good book to get me started with X
> programming?  Are there any good free tool kits? xlib looks a bit too
> low level.

Tk.  "Tcl and the Tk toolkit" (ignore Tcl if you don't like it, Tk is useful
in and of itself).

Interviews (which has gone on to become something else).

Libforms (libxforms).  Never used this, so all I know is that someone
likes it.

All of the above are in the ports collection.  Tcl/Tk is a religion in
and of itself, but Tk can easily be used standalone.