Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 07:40:32 -0700
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Slice size larger than disk size during install?

I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.0 on a P90 w/ 24MB RAM.  I'm using the boot
floppies, the first time I went through the installation the only problem I
had was a loose cable on the back of the cdrom (probably happened while I
was moving the system) that caused the package installation to abort.  I
didn't have any problems slicing out the HDD or anything like that.

After I rebooted I can boot off of the floppies but when I try to load the
install it tries to read the HDD then says "slice size larger than disk
size", gives a few numbers (slice Vs disk and such) and then panics out "Not
going anywhere without init".

The only thing I can think of is that I chose to dedicate the whole disk to
BSD (it's a 800MB HDD and I don't plan on using any other OS's on the
system)...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Gene Dinkey
970.278.8732
Hewlett Packard Customer Care Center