Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 14:57:29 -0600
From:      John Prince <johnp@lodgenet.com>
To:        Lee Crites <adonai@jump.net>
Cc:        John Prince <johnp@lodgenet.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: still more digiboard and modem questions/problems...

>Any suggestions on a multi-port board?  I need a 'one box' solution for
>many of my clients.
>The ideal situation would be a pentium box with an isdn card to connect to
>the internet, an ethernet card for connecting to the lan (is there such a
>thing as a router card?), a multiport serial card (so they can dial in), and
>28.8/33.4 modems.

The Digiboard is a fine board, it should support what you want to do..
I just do not like them..
I am not sure about ISDN..
I seem to be missing your first thread, however if all is configured
properly all will work..

>I can add these to /etc/groups.  What happens when I reach that magic
>one-hundred-something limit in the group record?
That number is 200..
Be creative, ie.....
group1:*:1200:user1,user2,user3,user4,user5,etc.....
group2:*:1201:user200,user201,user203,etc.......
dialer:*:68:group1,group2, <<see the pattern..

As far as your tty problem, I can only suggest....
Start from the beginning,
Better>>>> maybe even reinstall the OS. <<

Create device nodes (MAKEDEV)
Edit /etc/rc.serial to support digiboard
Edit /etc/ttys , enable dialin devices (ttyD is your dialin)
Do a factory refresh on each modem
(Check your operators manual, should be 'at&f0')
Add user support for devices, Verify permission
and finaly <<< REBOOT >>>

If it still fails, have you tested your phone connection??
Are your going through a pbx or ksu??
Good luck...
--john

John Prince	johnp@lodgenet.com