Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:32:38 +0300
From:      Nikos Ntarmos <ntarmos@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Newbie at FreeBSD Alpha]

Hi there.

I don't see anything spurious with your output, other than that you
don't have any vga* or sc* lines. I guess that you've grabbed that
over a serial console, right? I suspect that your alpha box boots just
fine, only that your console settings are wrong. What's the value of
the 'console' env variable in SRM and in the FreeBSD loader? It should
be 'serial', otherwise type 'set console serial' followed by 'init'.
Break into the FreeBSD loader and 'set console=comconsole'. You should
also add a '-h' to /boot.conf and set up /etc/ttys to fire up a getty
on your serial line. Check out [1] and [2].

\n\n

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/console-server/freebsd.html