Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 13:13:50 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New nit in 2.2-960501-SNAP

> You know, I don't find this sort of crap to be very helpful. Good
> thing I'm not paying for it.
>
> I would have been really unhappy if I had run sysinstall and it had
> newfs'd my disk. REALLY unhappy.

OK, perhaps then it's time for clarification since you clearly would
prefer to be treated in a more official manner:

"System installations or upgrades using anything but the sysinstall tool
 are entirely unsupported and should be undertaken ONLY at the user's
 own risk.  No technical support or other assistance can be rendered to
 those who install their systems in any other fashion.  FreeBSD, Inc.
 thanks its customers for their cooperation in this regard. "

There, that's the sort of response you'd get if you were paying for
it.  Since you're not, I think being told essentially the same thing
in a less politically correct fashion ("Hey, BOZO, you want to shoot your
feet off don't come f**king crying to us, OK?" :-) is not entirely
unexpected. :-)

					Jordan