Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 09:15:52 +0700
From:      pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   compiling linux source file with freebsd

hi sirs,

really apologize for asking the list. but since serveral askings arise in freebsd interest group in my country about the subject and i am not an expert yet so i need some hints from this list.

my machine is 4.5-stable freebsd with 640mb ram and about 14 gb hard disk. not the one that sending this mail.

after reading chapter 20 of the handbook, i am still not sure that if i fetched some of linux source files, i can compile those source file with freebsd tools or not. i mean compile successfully.

i know that linux-netscape6 is in a port and i install it without any problem. but this is another case. my case is a raw tarball of linux source files.

i used to compile pmake, that is bsd make, on linux machine but that does not produce any good `pmake', or even any poor `pmake' from that machine.

any hints or suggestions are appreciated.

sorry for my not so good english. i am thai
please cc to me since i do not subscribe to this list.

with best regards,
psr