Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:02:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS problem between two freebsd boxes

	Hi,

	I'm having a problem with nfs between two FreeBSD
	boxes.  I have one box running 2.2.8-STABLE, cvsup'ed
	as of Dec 1, 1998, and a 3.0-CURRENT as of Dec 23, 1998.
	The 2.2.8 machine is a disk server for my net, and
	the 3.0-CURRENT machine mounts several directories
	from the 2.2.8 machine.  This morning I tried cvsuping
	the 3.0 machine again, and I noticed that the output
	file I created from redirecting the cvsup output was
	garbage (lots of control characters, most of the output
	lost).  The same thing happened when I started the
	make buildworld (my 3.0 machine doesn't have much disk
	space, so I mount a partion from the 2.2.8 machine
	for /usr/src.)

	Is this a know problem that has been fixed?  Do I just
	need to fine space on my 3.0 box to do the compile local
	to fix the problem, or is something really hosed in
	one of the NFS's?  Thanks for any help.

					Steve