Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2001 10:42:40 +0100
From:      Raf Schietekat <sky92136@skynet.be>
To:        FreeBSD-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kdm grants ordinary users root access on 4.4-R

No takers? Seems pretty damn serious, though: through kdm, the ordinary
user logs in, gets his home directory all right (hence the result of
"cd" and the restored KDE session), but also gets root privileges. I'll
have to refresh my Unix savvy to see how this relates to set(e)uid() and
stuff, and this evening I may look into the source myself, but I'd
rather some of you would help me out here, because I've also found a
load of stuff GNU C++ won't do for me while porting a software package
from MS VC++ 5.0 (itself several years old!), and I'd rather dedicate my
time to that problem.

Raf Schietekat <Raf_Schietekat@ieee.org>