Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:28:34 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        winter@jurai.net, karl@denninger.net, mlnn4@oaks.com.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multi-terabyte disk farm

At 09:38 PM 10/28/98 +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>As Drew Baxter wrote...
>> At 01:58 PM 10/28/98 -0500, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>> >On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
>> >I was specifically addressing the Kingston hardware, and in particular,
>> >the hotswap receiving frames and disk boxes.
>> >
>> >Once the disks and frames are integrated into the enclosures you'll only
>> >have to worry about the frequent fan failures.
>> >
>> >--
>> >| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL |
>
>> Frequent Fan Failures? Makes those Digital Storageworks cabinets come into
>> the limelight..
>
>?? I do these things for a living but don't remember any real problems
>with the fans. Customers are normally pretty quick to point them out ;-)
>
>Tell me more..
>
>Wilko

That'd be Winter's department, i was just questioning it.  Never really
wanted to buy anything from Kingston.  The Digital Storageworks cabinets
look intriguing, but I don't have that kinda green to be tossing around.  I
guess I'll just keep stacking smaller drives, and look into something inane
like RAID in the future.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998