Date:      19 Aug 97 10:16:52 -0700
From:      "RASHAH.US.ORACLE.COM" <RASHAH@us.oracle.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   poll system call on FreeBSD ?

Hi FreeBSD Gurus,

I am new to the FreeBSD. I have to port some software from SVR4 to FreeBSD. On
SVR4 poll() system call is available  but it is not available on FreeBSD. I was
just wondering is there any equivalent call of poll() on FreeBSD ? select()
won't
work as I am not polling on sockets. Another thing is I believe poll() system
call require STREAMS implementation of the driver/module. Does BSD have streams
implemetation equivalent to SVR4 (i mean file system and all other kernel
modules ?).
I know my question is bit wague but I hope you will understand.

BTW I just subscribe myself for this mailing list and have not got confirmation
so would appreciate your direct reply at rashah@us.oracle.com.

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh