Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:16:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: man at [2]

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> PL> For some reason I keep getting told "garbled time" or "incomplete tim=
e" like when I tried: $ at now + 5 seconds echo "you eeeeeediyutt"
> You still haven't read the man-page nor the lines I pasted.

There's no need to get snippy; I overlooked the count-time-units too
quickly.  In my defense, I must say that I have learned more today from all
your responses than in all my days so far on this list!  Also, when a user
gets to see different ways to create the same result (at, sched, sleep,
leave, crontab, etc) it translates to facilitated learning and smarter
problem-solving later.

A great person once said [wrote]: "There are NO problems; Only solutions."

> If you would have done, you would have seen that:
> - Your syntax for the at command is wrong.
> - That there is nowhere a mentioning of seconds in what I pasted, nor in =
the man-page.
> [... deleted monologue over wasting time ...]
> Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
> edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
> ------------------+                       http://www.FatalDimensions.org/

If you *had* taken some common elementary grammar classes or instruction,
you would have known that your sentence ought to be re-written as: "Had you
done so, you would have seen that..." -- just my 18=A2 and a rusty nickel.

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder