Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 11:41:23 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD The TV Cult

Well, "tv" as it is working today works well you can actually sit down
in front of the monitor and watch crystal clear pictures. Well,
at least it does on my P100.

We just want to increase the performance of the program 8)

If anyone is interested you will need a matrox meteor PCI  video capture
board and the sources for "tv" are in:

ftp://rah.star-gate.com/tv-0.1.tar.gz

You can look up  vendors for the matrox on :
http://rah.star-gate.com:/~hasty/mbone.html

The program was first inspired by Jim Lowe's hack to get the berkeley
mpeg encoder to work with the matrox meteor. It has been modified
along the way by me, Luigi and Jordan ...

With the latest version you can click on the window to take a quick
snapshot so it sort of works also like a camera 8)

    Enjoy,
    Amancio